Beet and orange saladFrom unswissmiss 7 years ago
How to make it
- Scrub beets clean and trim off any greens. Rub with olive oil, if desired, wrap in aluminum foil, and roast in a 400°F oven until tender, approximately 1 hour. (Larger beets will take longer.)
- Cool beets until they can be handled.
- In the meantime, cut the peel from the oranges and section. Squeeze out juices from leftover membranes and reserve.
- Slip beets from their skins and into cubes of approximately 1/2 inch.
- Make approximately 1/4 cup vinagrette with the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. (Suggested: half juice/vinegar, half oil.)
- Toss together beets, orange slices, and vinagrette. Just before serving, garnish with chives.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
The Rating8 people
Roast beets are the absolute best...I always roast more than a recipe calls for because I eat them before they get to the "main dish". My beets are just up in my Missouri garden...I'll be fixing this one!watkinsgal in Northern loved it
Wonderful, love beets and oranges, classic.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Wow, great combination I would have not thought of!
Thank you!eyecook in Ironwood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!