Chocolate Caramel CakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- cake ingredients: shopping list
- 60 grams plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 15 grams unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed) shopping list
- ½ cup boiling water shopping list
- 160 grams all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 115 grams unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- For the caramel sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar. shopping list
- 60 grams butter. shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream. shopping list
- walnut praline: shopping list
- 85 grams sugar shopping list
- 100 grams walnut halves shopping list
- Heat the 85 grams sugar with 4 tbsp water till dissolved, and then boils until It forms a caramel. Stir in the walnut halves, cool on an oiled baking sheet. shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 225 good plain chocolate shopping list
- 225 grams heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line with parchment paper, a 23 x 5 cm loose bottomed baking pan. Set aside.
- In a stainless steel or heatproof bowl place the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder. Pour the boiling water over the chocolate and cocoa powder and stir until they have melted. Set aside to cool while you make the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy (this will take about 3-5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and melted chocolate mixture and beat to combine.
- Add the milk and flour mixtures in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat only until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. When completely cooled, split the cake in half horizontally; place one half in the same baking pan after you have washed it and save the other half for another use.
- Heat the sugar over medium heat till it all dissolve and turn golden color, add the butter in small pieces stirring with a wooden spoon, add the cream in a steady stream so slowly while stirring. Pour the caramel in the pan and keep aside till cooled.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, mix the cream and the chocolate stirring till all chocolate melts. Cool slightly. Leave 1 hour in room temperature. Whisk till thickened slightly
- Put back the cake layer in the same spring form pan after you washed it and pour the cooled caramel over, sprinkle with walnuts praline. Leave to harden in the fridge, covered.Pour chocolate topping over caramel and chill 4 hours. Sprinkle some grated chocolate over top and loosen fro pan.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating5 people
I have to make this too!
Why are you doing this to me Ahmed? :-)
Can I use Flaked Almonds for the praline and adding to the caramel as I don't like walnuts?vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
gosh! again, another wonderful chocolate recipe!n great combination!thanxiffyo in loved it
Your recipe sounds so good. I have to try it soon.Surely this weekend...Thanks for sharing this with us.ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!