ALMOST STARBUCKS BLUEBERRY OAT BARSFrom magandab 9 years ago
- 1 3/4 cup Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter; melted shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 11x7-inch baking pan
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt
- Add butter, mixing until crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared dish.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons water in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 2 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch, and lemon juice; mix well. Gradually stir into blueberry mixture; cook and stir about 30 seconds or until thickened.
- Spread over partially baked base to within 1/4 inch of edge; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Press topping down into blueberries slightly.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack; cut into bars. Store tightly covered.