Ginger Pork and Butternut SquashFrom vanessa 9 years ago
- 1 pound of pork (I used pork shoulder, but pork steak would be fine) shopping list
- 1 knob of fresh ginger about 1 inch long, chopped fine shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, gutted, and diced 3/4″ chunks shopping list
- 1 cup (approximate) chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon clove shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kala jeera shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon charnushka shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cardamom shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vindaloo seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the pork into 1″ chunks and remove any obvious gristle or fat. Brown the pork in a skillet with some canola oil in it.
- Add the ginger, garlic, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, kala jeera,and charnushka. Saute over medium heat for a few minutes and then add enough chicken stock to surround but not cover the pork.
- Add the squash. Bring the heat back to a vigorous simmer and then cover the pan and turn the heat to medium low. Allow this to cook for 30 - 40 minutes. Stir it every so often.
- After about 30 minutes check the meat to see if it is tender, if so then uncover, raise the heat and allow some of the liquid to cook off.
- Taste for salt and adjust accordingly. Add the vindaloo seasoning and the coconut milk and stir gently to combine. Serve and enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookvanessa Middleton, WI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!