Marinated And Peppered Rib-eye RoastFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup cracked pepper or coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) boneless rib-eye roast, trimmed or not ;-) shopping list
- 1 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup red wine or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Note: Sometimes I make slits in the roast before placing it into the oven and into those slits I insert cloves of garlic. It all depends on how much you like garlic ;-) shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly press pepper on top and sides of roast.
- Place roast in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag or large shallow dish. Combine soy sauce and next 5 ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Seal or cover, and marinate in refrigerator tor 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; insert meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, making sure it does not touch fat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325°; bake 2 hours and 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or 160° (medium).
- Note: We prefer our roast medium-well.
- Remove roast to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add enough water (about 3/4 cup) to pan drippings to make 1-1/2 cups.
- Return to pan.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water, stirring until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture and salt into pan drippings.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened. Serve roast with gravy.
- Should serve 6 but it all depends on the appetites ;-)