White Chocolate Mousse CakeFrom mao65 8 years ago
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 4 eggs( I use Davidson's pasteurized eggs), separated at room temperature shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white Creme de Cacao liqueur shopping list
- 2 squares(1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate,chopped shopping list
- 3 cups heavy or whipping cream shopping list
- White and dark chocolate curls or grated chocolate for garnish shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350degreesF. In a small saucepan melt 2 tbsp butter over low heat. Stir crumbs. Pat evenly in the bottom of a deep 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- In saucepan bring the water to a boil. Add white chocolate and stir until partially melted. Remove from heat and beat until smooth. Cool slightly. Beat in egg yolks; cool completely. Beat in liqueur.
- In small saucepan melt unsweetened chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Cool. In bowl beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and salt. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly, until stiff but not dry. Fold one third of the egg whites into white chocolate mixture; fold back into egg whites. Fold in whipped cream.
- To make dark chocolate layer, transfer about 3 cups mixture to a medium bowl. Fold about 1/2 cup into dark chocolate; fold back into reserved mixture.
- Pour half the white chocolate mixture evenly into prepared pan. Carefully pour on dark chocolate mixture, Gently spread with spatula. Pour remaining white chocolate mixture in pan; smooth top. Place in freezer 1 hour or until top begins to set. Garnish top with chocolate curls. Wrap well and freeze 24 hours.(Can be made ahead. Cover and freeze up to 1 week)
- Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.