Turkey Giblet GravyFrom oldgringo 8 years ago
- 1/2 pound turkey giblets, neck, etc; rinsed clean shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning; See recipe shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 each chopped hard-boiled eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the giblets, neck etc, with the aromatic vegetables, stock and seasoning.
- Remove giblets, neck, etc, and allow to cool. Remove the meat from the neck bones and dice the meat, liver, heart and gizzard. Set aside until needed.
- Strain the cooking liquid and adjust with stock to 4 cups.
- Use a 1/4 water to make a past of the cornstarch. There should be no lumps. Set aside until needed.
- Heat the stock to boiling.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and stirring constantly add the meat and cook until thickened.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and chopped hard-boiled egg.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating1 people
This looks delicious! I am saving this one!mamalou in Attleboro loved it