Norwegian Potato Flat Bread Or LefseFrom lor 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and boil potatoes. Drain and cool.
- Put potatoes through a ricer or mash.
- Beat in butter, cream, sugar and salt.
- Refrigerate uncovered.
- The next day add flour.
- Stir well.
- Divide into 20 pieces.
- Heat grill or pan.
- On a floured surface roll out the balls into circles as thin as possible. (Women often used wooden sticks from a window shade to transfer the lefse to the griddle. Hmmmm, I remember being spanked with one of those.)
- Cook on each side of the ungreased pan.
- Stack between towels.
- After they are cool. stack them together, fold in half and place in a large plastic bag.
- As needed, butter and sugar a circle.
- Fold in half and butter and sugar again.
- Fold once again and cut the quarter in half.
- Some people butter, sugar and then roll their lefse.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
Lor, I was showing this one to my dad, gee I don't pronounce any of them right...hahaorganicmama in loved it
Oh the best, yaaaaa! Thanksdottiet in Woodward loved it
Oh, thank you so much for this recipe! My husband is half Norwegian and half German. His mother used to make this all of the time. I'm privilaged to have your recipe and I can't wait to try it!meals4abby in Valders loved it