Tomato Soup ExoticaFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and minced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered shopping list
- 3 lb plum tomatoes, cut in half shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/8 tsp saffron threads, crumbled shopping list
- ½ cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed shopping list
- ½ cup vegetable stock, hot shopping list
- ½ tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly coat a cookie sheet with baking spray.
- Spread onion and chili pepper pieces on sheet.
- Slip garlic pieces in tomato halves, place tomatoes cut side up on sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and plenty of pepper, mist lightly with baking spray.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining 1 cup water to a boil. Add saffron and quinoa, stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Scrape all cookie sheet contents into a blender or food processor, add stock, curry powder and brown sugar. Puree until smooth.
- Ladle tomato mixture into 4 serving bowls, evenly divide saffron quinoa mixture between them and serve immediately.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
Health Food Junkies423 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables384 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members