Pasta with White Clam SauceFrom danerin2 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tin flat fillet of anchovies, drained, 6 or 7 fillets shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, 4 or 5 sprigs stripped or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup clam juice or chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) fancy whole baby clams shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested shopping list
- 1 pound linguini, slightly undercooked, about 6 to 7 minutes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves shopping list
- Lots of black pepper and some coarse salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies and cook until anchovies melt into the oil.
- Add thyme and wine. Reduce wine 1 minute.
- Add clam juice or stock, clam juice will give the dish a stronger clam flavor, chicken stock will give it a buttery personality.
- Stir in clams and lemon zest.
- Drain pasta.
- Add to skillet and toss with sauce 2 to 3 minutes, until pasta is al dente and has absorbed some of the sauce and flavor.
- Add parsley, pepper and salt, to your taste and serve with bread and a salad.
The Cookdanerin2 Medford, NJ
The Rating2 people
ohhh yes! that is a recipe i shalll definitely use - it is an exciting variation of my recipe (posted here witht he dinner for two) with Venus's shells (did not realize you could just call them clams :-) )kochhexe in Butzbach loved it
Oh, I have actually made this a few times. It is a good out of the pantry recipe. There are better ones, but in a pinch, this is great!mamalou in Attleboro loved it