Coffee Poached Pears with Curried HoneyFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 2 cups strong coffee shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large ripe pears, peeled, halved, seed pods and stems removed shopping list
- 3 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- Generous grind of freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Small edible flowers or mint sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In medium skillet, bring coffee and brown sugar to a boil.
- Slip four pear halves into sauce, and bring back to a boil. Turn heat down to slow simmer, and cover pan.
- After 3 minutes, gently turn pears over with tongs, and continue poaching until tender but not pulpy, 8 to 15 minutes depending on ripeness of pears. Test tenderness with skewer.
- Remove from heat, and let pears sit in hot poaching liquid, 10 minutes.
- With slotted spoon or spatula, remove fruit from skillet, and place on two dessert plates. Cover and chill.
- In small pan, heat honey, curry powder and pepper until honey is hot.
- Cool honey sauce to room temperature.
- To serve, drizzle honey sauce over pears
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Coffee AND pears! Great!! A wonderful combination of flavors you've offered here. I MUST do this one!deliathecrone in Johnston loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Sweet Tooth447 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Cooking For One87 members