Chicken PuttanescaFrom danerin2 6 years ago
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (or could use bone-in, just cook longer) shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 anchovies shopping list
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup olives (I used Kalamata, but any you like would work) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons capers shopping list
- 1/2 pound of pasta (cook it while you prepare chicken & sauce) shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken with pepper while 1 Tablespoon of oil heats over medium-high.
- Brown chicken on both sides and remove to a plate.
- Add remaining olive oil and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook onions for a couple minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add garlic and red pepper, cook 1 minute.
- Add anchovies and cook stirring until they dissolve.
- Add white wine, tomatoes, chicken stock, herbs and tomato paste.
- Stir to combine.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken is cooked. For boneless breasts, this could be as short as 5 minutes, or as much as 20-25 minutes for bone-in.
- Serve mixed with pasta of your choice. I used whole wheat rigatoni.