White or Chocolate Eggnog FudgeFrom shirleyoma 7 years ago
- eggnog Fudge shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 2/3 cup purchased eggnog shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet white chips or chocolate (your choice) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Butter sides of a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Add sugar,
- marshmallows, eggnog, butter, corn syrup, and salt to
- the saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly,
- until sugar is dissolved. Turn heat up to medium and
- cook until mixture boils.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, to about 232° .
- Add chocolate chips and continue to cook for 5 minutes
- (should be at soft ball stage*), or until chocolate is
- melted. Stir in chopped nuts. Pour into a buttered
- 8-inch square pan. Cool to room temperature, then
- chill and cut into squares.
- Makes about 3 dozen pieces of eggnog fudge.
- *To Test for Soft Ball Stage
- A small amount of syrup dropped into chilled water
- forms a ball, but flattens when picked up with fingers
- (234° to 240°).
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating4 people
Yum, love eggnog, great recipe thanks Shirleyhenrie in Savannah loved it
My Brother is the fudge maker for the Holidays. He makes every kind of fudge there is. He makes a killer root beer, orange dream and butter rum and I know he does not have this one. But now he does. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the post. Take car...moresuecake in loved it
Shirley-girl, you've done it again! This recipe has my heart. High 5. Have a wonderful day...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it