Roasted Beet SaladFrom nikchick 6 years ago
- 1 bunch beets (3/4 lb without greens or 1 1/4 lb with), trimmed shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large Asian pear shopping list
- 3 cups mache or mixed baby greens shopping list
How to make it
- The "cook time" on this recipe is for roasting the beets, which you can do a day ahead (and chill them, covered, until you're ready to used them). Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Wrap beets in foil and roast in the middle of oven until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap beets and cool.
- Cook almonds in oil in a small skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until pale golden. Cool almonds in oil. Transfer almonds with a slotted spoon to a small bowl and season with salt.
- Stir together shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and oil from almonds in a large bowl.
- Slip the skins from the beets and halve large beets. Cut beets into 1/4-inch-thick slices and add to dressing, tossing to coat.
- Quarter pear and cut into julienne strips.
- Arrange beets on a platter and drizzle with any dressing remaining in the bowl. Top with salad greens then pear. Sprinkle with almonds.
The Cooknikchick Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
love anything with beets!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Lovely! Especially pretty on a bed of mixed greens.
I just picked some baby beets yesterday from my garden and they're going to be in a salad very soon. :)
Have you ever made candied walnuts to go with a salad like this? Give...morec2max in Naperville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!