Cinnamon Sugar Cranberry CakeFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
- 1 cup of light brown sugar packed well shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar, divided use shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract or brandy extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups of flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of mace shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup of buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of cranberries, coarsely chopped (food processor, pulse 2-4 times) shopping list
- 1 tsp of orange zest shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bow, cream the butter and brown sugar with 1/2 cup of white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla/brandy or almond extract, beat very well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, mace and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternating with the buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the cranberries and orange zest.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream or room temp with a dollop of whipped cream.