10 Minute Chocolate Pudding CakeFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa shopping list
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional) shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and espresso powder.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a lightly greased 9-inch microwave-safe pie pan (glass or ceramic), or a microwave-safe 9-inch round or 8-inch square cake pan.
- Pour the boiling water very gently over the top of the cake; don’t stir it in.
- Cover the pan with a dinner plate, glass lid, or whatever you usually cover pans with in the microwave.
- Microwave the cake for 5 minutes at regular power.
- Remove the cover, and poke a spoon into the center of the cake.
- It should be set, but have a layer of chocolate "sauce" at the bottom. If it's done, remove it from the oven, and wait 5 minutes before serving.
- If it seems way too moist, put it back into the microwave, without a cover, and cook for another minute or so.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, before serving.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
I am making it soon!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Mmmmm decadent goodness!jett2whit in Union City loved it