Chicken AdoboFrom leslierose_64 8 years ago
- 4 medium sized chicken (can either use breast, thigh, wings) shopping list
- 2 big potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 3-5 gloves of garlic, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of water (250 ml) shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup vinegar (i prefer cane vinegar) shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in 1 Tbsp water) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- In a pan, saute garlic and onion. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water, soy sauce and vinegar. Cover the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Drop the potatoes into the pan and cook until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper; and bay leaf.
- Stir everything before adding the cornstarch mixture.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes until sauce has reduced and thickens.
- *adjust soy sauce and vinegar according to taste
- *you can also use pork; or combination of both
The Cookleslierose_64 Mandaluyong City, Philippines
The Rating6 people
I love Adobo, both pork and chicken! Thank you for posting your recipe, LeslieRose :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
I love chicken adobo! One of my faves to cook too. I am a Filipina but born and raised in Hawaii. Land of many many cultures and foods! Yes, it's an absolute must...you must have rice with the chicken adobo! I agree! Thanks for sharing this. I can al...morecheryl_tx in loved it
I love adobo and this recipe is surely a keeper!twotong in Singapore loved it