Chocolate Prune Cake 1From shirleyoma 5 years ago
- * 9 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- * 2/3 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- * 3 eggs shopping list
- * 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- * 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 3/4 cup finely ground almonds shopping list
- * 1/2 cup prunes, pitted and chopped shopping list
- * 1/2 cup brandy shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Soak prunes overnight in brandy. Melt chocolate and butter or margarine with water.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until pale. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gently mix in flour and ground nuts. Stir in prunes.
- 3. In another bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Carefully fold into cake mixture. Pour into a greased 9 inch round cake tin.
- 4. Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack. Frost with Chocolate Ganache Frosting.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating2 people
One word.........marvelous!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it