TiramisuFrom speek 6 years ago
- 200g (7 oz.) ladyfingers shopping list
- 200g (7 oz.) mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar shopping list
- 3 very fresh eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp. marsala cooking wine shopping list
- 1-2 dl. (4-7 oz.) strong coffee shopping list
- whisky or cognac to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp. grated dark chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Lay the first layer of ladyfingers in a pan; soak lightly, using about half the coffee.
- Mix well sugar and egg yolks; add mascarpone, Marsala, and liquor. Blend well. Beat egg whites until fluffy, then carefully fold this into the prior mix. Spoon half this mix onto the ladyfingers, then lay the second layer, soak, and cover with the remaining mix. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight; serve cold.
- The amount of coffee is most important to how wet the tiramisu is. My friends and I seem to like a wetter tiramisu, so I would use 2 dl or even a bit more, especially if the tiramisu was not going to stand for very long. If you're leaving it for a long time, less coffee will be sufficient, since the topping mixture will soak into the ladyfingers.
The Cookspeek Pasadena, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!