Taste Before Ya Say Eek Beef TongueFrom liezel 7 years ago
- 125 ml sugar (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2,5 ml salt (1/2 teaspoon) shopping list
- 10 ml dry mustard (2 teaspoons) shopping list
- 25 ml cornstarch (2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 250 ml water (1cup) shopping list
- 25 ml oil (2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 62,5 ml vinegar (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 pickled beef tongue, raw shopping list
- breadcrumbs. shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the tongue for about 2 hours in water until soft.
- Take off the hard skin.
- Cut into slices.
- Put in rows into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Mix all of the rest together.
- Pour over.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 170 degreesC ( 340 degrees F).
- Serve hot.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating4 people
I love tongue so will have to try your recipe. Most people like the tip and body of the tongue, but I like the back end with the fat.Mmmm.Thanks for the post.robertg in loved it
I've got one waiting in the freezer! Great recipe and thanks for sharing it with all of us. I have a different way of preparing beef tongue but I am going to give your recipe a try. I'll let you know the results. Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!