Taste Before Ya Say Eek Beef TongueFrom liezel 6 years ago
- 125 ml sugar (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2,5 ml salt (1/2 teaspoon) shopping list
- 10 ml dry mustard (2 teaspoons) shopping list
- 25 ml cornstarch (2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 250 ml water (1cup) shopping list
- 25 ml oil (2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 62,5 ml vinegar (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 pickled beef tongue, raw shopping list
- breadcrumbs. shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the tongue for about 2 hours in water until soft.
- Take off the hard skin.
- Cut into slices.
- Put in rows into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Mix all of the rest together.
- Pour over.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 170 degreesC ( 340 degrees F).
- Serve hot.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating4 people
I've got one waiting in the freezer! Great recipe and thanks for sharing it with all of us. I have a different way of preparing beef tongue but I am going to give your recipe a try. I'll let you know the results. Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
I love tongue so will have to try your recipe. Most people like the tip and body of the tongue, but I like the back end with the fat.Mmmm.Thanks for the post.robertg in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!