Strawberry Double Custard TartFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- 113 grams cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 cups full cream milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 125 grams sugar shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 50 grams cornstarch shopping list
- 100 grams butter. shopping list
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped with 2 tbsp icing sugar. shopping list
- ¼ cup diced strawberries shopping list
- 10 strawberry halves shopping list
- blanch almonds shopping list
- icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F and place rack in center of oven. Grease a 22 cm spring form pan
- In the bowl of your food processor place the flour and sugar. Pulse to blend together. Add butter and pulse until dough just begins to come together. Pat the dough onto the bottom and one inch (2.5 cm) up the sides of the pan. Bake for 30 minutes till browned
- And crisp. Cool completely.
- Bring the milk and the vanilla to a simmer in a heavy saucepan.Meanwhile, beat the suagr, egg yolks and cornstarch till smooth. Slowly add hot milk whisking till all combined. Put the mixture back in the saucepan and cook over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the butter, whisk till butter melts. Divide the custard into two glass bowls and cool completely.Fold the whipped cream into one of the custard mixture till combined.
- Arrange the dice strawberries in the bottom of the cooled crust pour the cream mixture and smooth the top with a spoon. Pour the custard mixture over the top and gently spread it using a spoon .Do not go to the edge, we want to show the two different colors
- Of the two fillings.
- Decorate with the strawberries, Almonds and icing sugar. Chill for 3 hours.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating10 people
I love strawberries!,this onez sounds so rich n delicious,must try it,thanx!bookmarked!iffyo in loved it
Ahmed....between your desserts and mine on this foodie site..these people dont have a chance.... another good one from you.... keep up the good work....I hope your cleaning up that kitchen after each dessert..... he hezena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Fabulous recipe and great photos!sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!