Silky Cauliflower SoupFrom pink 8 years ago
- 1 head cauliflower shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the leaves and thick core from the cauliflower, coarsely chop, and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using a hand held immersion blender, puree the soup, or puree in small batches in a blender and return it to the pot.
- Add the Parmesan and stir until smooth.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
The Cookpink USA
The Rating5 people
Love the cauliflower and I have one in the frig just waiting for this dish!! Thanks for the post, it will a great start to our supper tonight.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Wonderful soup, it was a terrific dinner. Daughter and I are fighting over who gets the leftovers for their lunch today. LOL Very easy to make too.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This is on the weekend menu. Your recipes and photos are quite nice. Thanks!
Markborius in Klamath Falls loved it