Stuffed CabbageFrom bobbie91302 7 years ago
- 2 large leafy cabbages shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef (or ground turkey or soy substitute) shopping list
- 1 grated onion shopping list
- 1 cup club soda shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 1.5 lb. cans tomatoes or tomato puree shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 2 sliced onions shopping list
- juice of 2 lemons shopping list
- 1/4 cup vinegar shopping list
- dashes tobasco to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sauce ingredients into a pot and simmer on the stove.
- Parboil the cabbage until it is soft enough to remove leaves easily.
- Cut around core and carefully remove leaves.
- Mix filling ingredients
- Place spoonful of filling (size appropriate for size of leaf) on cabbage leaf and roll up, starting at stem end, then tuck sides in, and place in a large , heavy pot
- Continue rolling, using only leaves that are soft, until all the filling is used up.
- Pour sauce over the layered cabbages.
- You might want to chop up and add some of the cabbage that is left, and some people add raisins or crushed gingersnaps.
- Simmer covered for 2 hours.
The Cookbobbie91302 Calabasas, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!