Potato and Roasted Red Pepper DauphinoisFrom nlo209 7 years ago
- butter shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 lbs. yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup thin strips roasted red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheese (gruyere, fontina or parmesan) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Butter an 8 cup shallow casserole dish.
- Combine cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring just to steaming over medium heat. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Peel potatoes and cut into very thin slices. Pat red pepper strips dry. Discard garlic cloves from cream mixture. Pour enough of the cream mixture into casserole dish to coat the bottom. Layer about 1/3 of the potato slices overlapping. Sprinkle with half the red pepper strips. Pour over about 1/3 of the cream mixture. Repeat layering, ending with potatoes and the remaining cream mixture. Press down potatoes with a spatula to cover in cream. Place dish on a baking sheet.
- Bale for about 40 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender and top is golden. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 10 to 15 minutes more till cheese is melted.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating6 people
Mmmmmm... definitely looks good to me ;-)lor in Toronto loved it
looks wonderful..and different. I love roasted peppersdlpblue in Toronto loved it
Potatoes, cheese, garlic - who needs a recipe? But I am glad you posted this anyway. It is a keeper and deserving of a 5!lenora in Oak Park loved it