Turkey DivanFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears cooked and drained shopping list
- sliced cooked turkey, about 1 pound, enough for 6 servings shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter.
- Add flour and cook, stirring until mixture bubbles.
- Remove from heat; gradually blend in milk and egg yolk.
- Add dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and begins to boil.
- Add Cheddar cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Arrange hot broccoli and turkey in 12 x 8-inch dish, spooning sauce between layers and on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat until cheese is browned.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Sounds perfect, I will make it tonight and let you know how it went, everything is on hand besides the frozen broccoli, so that's a great plus.
Marieinvisiblechef in loved it
This was a favorite, I topped it on some toasted rye bread and made open faced sandwiches out of the Divan. Great dinner!!
invisiblechef in loved it
Made this last week. What a terrific casserole. I'm always looking for ways to keep the veggies crisp and green, and the broccoli here is great!mitchki in Woodbridge loved it