Ice Cream SandwichesFrom liezel 7 years ago
- 3 one-ounce of semi-sweet baking chocolate shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 dash salt shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the chocolate and one tablespoon butter in the microwave.
- Set aside.
- Cream the remaining butter and sugar together.
- Add the salt.
- Add the egg yolks, beating after each.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour in three parts, beating after each addition.
- Scrape the dough onto a large sheet of waxed paper.
- Pat the dough into a square or round log.
- Wrap it in waxed paper.
- Smooth the edges into a uniform log.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cut dough into 3/16 inch thick slices.
- Place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, place the cookies in the freezer to chill.
- Once the cookies have chilled, fill them with slightly softened ice cream.
- The top sodes of the cookies should be facing out.
- Place the dandwiches in the freezer until they are completely firm.
- The dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and frozen for 2 months.
- For a richer cookie, use four ounces unsweetend chocolate and add two tablespoons powdered sugar.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating6 people
You will not believe this.I had prepared a similar recipe to make for the weekend.I love those sandwitch and now you made it so easy for me.Great posting again Liezel.Thanks.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Wonderful, thank you!organicmama in loved it
mmmmmmm im totally gunna make this someday.cookiestarz in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!