Turducken Roll - Redneck ThanksgivingFrom melsa102 7 years ago
- 1 packaged turkey loin (I used Jennie O) shopping list
- 2 duck breasts shopping list
- 2 chicken cutlets shopping list
- 2 1/2 c prepared stuffing (very moist, almost soggy) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced shopping list
- wooden toothpicks shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Slice turkey loin through the middle (don't cut all the way through)and lay flat on wax paper.
- Top with a sheet of wax paper and pound flat to 1/2 inch thickness, set aside.
- Pound duck breasts and chicken cutlets to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread garlic and 2 Tbsp of olive oil on turkey.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of stuffing on top of turkey, leave 1 inch border. (stuffing doesn't need to cover the whole surface just the middle)
- Top stuffing with duck breasts. (Lay duck breasts parallel to fold, makes for easier roll up)
- Spread remaining stuffing on duck breasts.
- Top with chicken cutlets.
- Drizzle chicken with 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- Roll up turducken, folding in sides as you go (to create a seal).
- Pin closed with several toothpicks.
- Brush top with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place turducken on roasting pan. (or if you don't have one, like me, line a cookie sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top)
- Cook at 350 F for 90 min or until done (meat themometer helps to prevent from over cooking).
- Baste with drippings every 30 min.
The Cookmelsa102 Acworth, GA
The Rating5 people
It sounds wonderful, good for you, you little fancy baker you!organicmama in loved it
I was planning to take this to the next level and stuff the turduckin into a dog, into a pig, into a hoarse, into a wooly mammoth, into a cute fuzzy little blue whale but my butcher was out of mammoth. I guess this will work. Interesting enough to tr...moreborius in Klamath Falls loved it
Outstanding, yet twisted in a very interesting way.rml in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!