Gooey Grilled CheeseFrom kayvee 6 years ago
- 2 slices thick whole grain bread shopping list
- organic butter shopping list
- thick avocado slices to cover bread (not to ripe is better) shopping list
- a few thin slices of red onion shopping list
- 2 Slices cheese (I mix cheddar and pepper jack) shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- cayenne powder shopping list
- chili powder shopping list
- Crunchy lettuce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- *This works better if all ingredients are at room temperature before beginning
- Spread bread evenly with butter, but not super thick
- Sprinkle garlics and pepper onto butter and spread around to mix in.
- In a skillet over low-medium heat stack butter side down bread, cheddar, onions, pepper jack, then bread butter side up.
- Brown each side lightly, be patient the low temperature ensures the cheese will melt completely.
- While waiting for the sandwich to brown, sprinkle avocado slices with cayenne, chili, and garlic salt.
- When sandwich is cooked, carefully pull apart with a butter knife to assist.
- Place avocado evenly on one side of cheesiness.
- Add lettuce if desired, for a crunch.
- Put sandwich back together.