Italian beef stewFrom caramia 8 years ago
- Large onion cut into chunky slices shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 twigs of rosemary shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- Few sprigs of marjoram shopping list
- 1½lb (675g) beef cubed shopping list
- 3 carrots shopping list
- 2 baking potato sized potatoes shopping list
- 2 parsnips shopping list
- 2 tsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1½ pints (900ml) beef stock or water with 1-2 tsp beef concentrate stock (be careful some have milk extract in) shopping list
- 7½ fl oz (200ml) red wine shopping list
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp wheat free flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- ½ swede, chopped into small cubes shopping list
How to make it
- Seal beef in oil until all water from the meat has gone and meat has browned.
- Add the onions, a little salt, and garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add rosemary and marjoram for a few minutes, then flour for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and wine and mix well.
- Add the water and beef stock and cook on medium heat for 40 minutes. Add more water if it becomes too thick.
- Add carrots and potatoes and cook for another hour.
- Add swede and parsnips for 10-15 minutes.
- Add sugar and season with salt and pepper, then cook for 5-10 minutes and serve.