Hot Tamale MeatballsFrom zena824 7 years ago
- 4 cups tomato juice, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, divided shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 pound bulk pork suasage shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup tomato juice, cornmeal, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic and cayenne.
- Add the beef and sausage; mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- In a Dutch oven, combine remaining tomato juice, cumin, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.