Tahini Brown Rice With LentilsFrom chasingandrea 9 years ago
How to make it
- Tahini sauce: Add the garlic, salt, lemon juice, water and tahini into a food processor and blend.
- Rice: Cook rice according to directions.
- Stir in tahini sauce and lentils. Serve as a side dish.
- To create a main dish: Steam some vegetables and add it to the rice (I prefer green veggies like broccoli, swiss card, boy choy).
- Top with soy sauce.
- Add tofu and toasted seeds or nuts for extra protein.
The Cookchasingandrea Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
I love lentils and rice and lemon juice. I will try adding the tahini the next time I make this.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Just in case:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup tepid water
Place sesame seeds in a blender or food p...moredynie in Marietta loved it
I'm eating a lot of brown rice these days because of my diet and this sounds like a nice way to get a lot of extra flavor and change things up a bit.jencathen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!