Skillet RumakiFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 8 slices of smoked bacon, cut in small strips shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. of chicken livers, washed, trimmed and soaked in milk shopping list
- seasoned flour shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 8 ounce can of thinly sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced diagonally shopping list
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed wth 1/2 cup of chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 1 cup of raw rice shopping list
- 4 ounces of fresh mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in heavy bottom skillet, add rice and toast over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and wilt.
- Add chicken broth, 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Cover and reduce heat to very low. Cook 20 minutes.
- While the rice coooks, fix the livers.
- Soak the chicken livers in some milk while you chop the onions and mince the garlic.
- Drain, pat dry and dust with seasoned flour lightly.
- Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy, remove from the pan, leaving the drippings.
- Add the livers, the garlic and fresh ginger to the hot skillet and cook until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts and green onions, then blend the cornstarch,chicken broth, powdered ginger, soy sauce and brown sugar and add to the pan.
- Cook until it bubbles and thickens slightly
- Serve over the cooked rice and wilted mushrooms.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!