Black Forest Christmas WreathFrom liezel 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 cups soft brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 heaped tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup syrup shopping list
- 4 tablespoons brandy shopping list
- 7 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 4 1/2 ounces white chocolate, chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 3 ounces unsalted butter(6 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons rum extract shopping list
- cherries : maraschino or glaced shopping list
- 1 can cherry pie filling shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- chocolate sprinkles shopping list
- Flowers shopping list
- leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cocoa and boiling water.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Seperate the eggs.
- Mix eeg yolks, cocoa mixture, oil, essence and syrup.
- Mix with dry ingredients.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in.
- Pour into greased ringpan.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (360 degrees F)for 35 minutes.
- Turn out on cooling rack and let it cool down totally.
- Wash ringpan for later use.
- Cut off 1 1/2 inch of the bottom of the cake.
- Put cake back into ringpan.
- With a teaspoon, hollow out the cake to make a trench.
- Bring 6 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 cup water to the boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in run extract.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Add butter and salt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in the cooled white chocolate.
- Set aside until firm enough to put on cake.
- Brush the syrup into the hollowed cake.
- With a teaspoon, put and smear some frosting in the hollow out cake
- Put some pie filling inside.
- Out cherries in aswell.
- Cover with Frosting.
- Smear some of the syrup where the bottom must be put back.
- The syrup (jelly) will act as a glue.
- Put the bottom back.
- Turn out.
- Decorate with frosting, sprinkles, flowers and leaves
- Refrigerate to set.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating5 people
DALTON,my grandson is a great cherry lover.I will have to BAKE this one for him. THANKSzanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
hmmm..Not a genius?? great one.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
REALLY GREAT,ALSO GAVE RECIPE TO CO-WORKERS.GIVING YOU A 5.THANKSzanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it