Lemon Hawaiian PieFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell shopping list
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained (8 1/4 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1 package regular lemon pudding mix (4 serving size) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups water shopping list
- 2 slightly beaten egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- toasted coconut (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine drained pineapple, brown sugar, 1/4 cup coconut and the 2 tablespoons butter; spread over bottom of pastry shell.
- Cover edge of pastry with foil; bake in 425 oven for 15 minutes, removing foil after first 5 munites of baking;cool.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan combine pudding mix and the 1/2 cup sugar.
- Stir in the water and yolks; cook and stir till bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and the remaining butter.
- Cover with plastic wrap; cool, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg whites on high speed of mixer to soft peaks; gradually beat in remaining sugar to stiff peaks.
- Fold whites into cooled filling; fold into pastry shell.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired..
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating5 people
Exactly..........yeah baby...........can't wait to sink my teefies into this delight.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh man!!!!!!!! What are you trying to do to me!!!!!! I have some fresh, frozen pineapple in the freezer that I need to do something with. This is a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
you go girl !!!!
you have done it again
keep it up
mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it