Grand Marnier CookiesFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur shopping list
- 1/4 cup candied red cherries, chopped shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- Sift flour, nutmeg and salt in bowl.
- Beat together butter, sugar and orange rind in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and liqueur until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Gently stir in chopped cherries.
- Using 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie, roll into a 5-inch-long rope.
- Shape into a wreath and place on greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned at edges. Transfer to rack to cool.
- Blend glaze ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth and good spreading consistency. Add milk, as needed.
- Spread glaze lightly over cooled cookies. Decorate with red and green cherries to look like wreaths.
- Makes 2 dozen.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
Oh...my, my, my, my...my! Tops! *smiley smile*pink in USA loved it
Grand Marnier cookies....*sigh*....and I bet they're so pretty too. All festive and with more Grand Marnier *sigh* in the glaze. Thanks, hon...wow. ^5!! *sigh* ;) ~ Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
MMMMmmmmm Grand Marnier cookies ( you have to say this in a very low voice and very, very slowly)elgab89 in Toronto loved it