Rustic Chicken With Kielbasa CassouletFrom lor 6 years ago
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut in half shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, chopped or diced shopping list
- 5-6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped or minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or low acid apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup sodium reduced chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 pound low-fat turkey kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsps. fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Put 1/2 cup beans in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the remaining beans and set aside.
- Toss breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add chicken in a single layer and cook until browned, turning once, 10-12 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, rosemary, thyme and pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine, increase heat to high and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits, until the wine has reduced by about half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, kielbasa, the reserved beans and chicken.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 10-15 minutes.
- Top with the toasted breadcrumbs and parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- dandelion Ashland, NE
- modelsmom Worcester, MA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- almagitana I'm A Gypsy, I'm From All Over!
- gourmetdad Vernal, UT
- lovelambert Douglasville
- zanna MOUNT CLEMENS, MI
- noir Boston, MA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- craftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating1 people
I'm making a crock pot version today for dinner! Love this, using smoked pork chops instead of kielbasa. The bread crumbs and butter topping is wonderful and it makes beans all together different.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it