Ropa Vieja Cuban StyleFrom cubralinda 5 years ago
- 2-1/2 lb. flank steak, cut in strips shopping list
- 5 tbsp. Goya corn oil shopping list
- 2-1/2 tsp. Goya Minced garlic or 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 green pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) Goya tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 jar (6 oz.) Goya Sofrito shopping list
- 1 jar (2 oz.) Goya capers, drained shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat 3 tbsp. oil in skillet on medium, brown meat on all sides. Remove from skillet.
- 2. Add and stir garlic, onion and green pepper and cook until translucent.
- 3. Stir in black pepper, browned meat, tomato sauce, water & sofrito. Simmer until meat is tender and shreds easily, about 1 hour. Add capers midway.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookcubralinda Houston, TX
The Rating6 people
I absolutely love Ropa Vieja and your recipe. It's a "5" in my books!!! Thank you for the memory nudge ;-)lor in Toronto loved it
These ingredients look like a great combination! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!adacowan in loved it
This sounds like a dish you share with your best mates but what is sofrito I haven't seen it in South Africatinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!