Bundt Pan BabkaFrom pointsevenout 8 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 2-1 / 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 / 3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 envelope Rapid Rise yeast shopping list
- 1 / 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 / 2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 / 4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 / 3 cup mixed candied fruits (raisins sub) shopping list
- 1 / 3 cup raisins shopping list
- rum Syrup: shopping list
- 1 / 2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 / 3 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons rum extract shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine 3 / 4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt. Heat milk and butter until very warm (120o to 130oF). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1 / 2 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Stir batter down; stir in candied fruits and raisins. Turn into well greased and floured 10-cup Bundt pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1-1 / 2 hours.
- Bake at 350oF for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Before removing from pan, immediately prick surface with fork. Pour Rum Syrup over cake. Let stand 10 minutes to allow syrup to be absorbed. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over top.
- Rum Syrup: In a saucepan, combine sugar, water and rum extract. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.