Cream of Asparagus SoupFrom donnaja1231 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder shopping list
- 1 potato, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter or in a heavy cooking pot. Add onions and chopped celery; saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in flour, mixing well. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not burn, or let it go lumpy. Add water, chicken broth, and chicken soup base; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Add diced potatoes and chopped asparagus. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in a food processor or blender in batches. Return to pot.
- Stir in half and half cream, soy sauce, and black and white pepper. Bring soup just to boil. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookdonnaja1231 Moffat, CO
The Rating6 people
This looks really good I think I'll make it.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it
Love this soup - quite like the alteration suggestion too!
Thanks for a great recipe!
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
woo hoo! 2 Asparagus recipes in a row Ive stumbled upon. This looks like a nice rendition of Pea Soup almostrevolvingdesigns in Chicago loved it