White Chocolate Mousse Sweet Potato CakeFrom trigger 9 years ago
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes * 2 pounds of pumpkin can be substituted for sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- unsalted butter for pans shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour, ( not self rising) plus more for pans shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Nocello walnut liqueur or brandy shopping list
- 1/12/ cups unsalted macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 pound white chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate (for leaves) optional shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat potatoes with 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and place on baking sheet. Bake until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove skin, and mash flesh with a fork into coarse puree.
- 2. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees. Butter two 8-by-1 1/2 -inch round cake pans, dust with flour, and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup vegetable oil; beat on medium speed until well combined. Add the cooled sweet potatoes; mix until combined.
- 3.Sift together cake flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix into sweet potato mixture. Mix in vanilla and Nocello until combined. Remove batter from mixer; fold in 1 cup macadamia nuts by hand.
- 4. Evenly distribute cake batter into prepared pans, and transfer to the oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let pans cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto rack; cool completely, about 1 1/4 hours.
- 5. Meanwhile, chop white chocolate into small pieces; set aside. Bring 1 cup cream to a boil; pour over chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted. Chill for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 6. When chocolate mixture has cooled, pour remaining cup cream into an electric mixer; whip on medium until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until fully incorporated.
- 7. Cut each cake layer in half horizontally, creating four layers. Spread 2/3 cup chocolate frosting on one layer, then stack next layer on top, and frost. Repeat frosting-and-stacking process until each layer is frosted. Spread remaining frosting on sides and top of cake.
- 8. cut out 6 leaf shapes using parchment paper.
- 9. melt dark chocolate in microwave and brush on cut out parchment leaf shapes, then place them onto a soup bowl that has been turned over.
- 10 place leaves in freezer for 3 minutes repeat coating leaves with chocolate 3 more times and set aside.
- 11 carefully remove leaves from soup bowl and place on top of cake.
- Drizzle some melted dark chocolate with a teaspoon over cake top.
- Arrange remaining 1/2 cup macadamia nuts on top of cake, and serve. Serves 8 to 10. (I had to guess on prep time)
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating24 people
Amazing and so are the pictures, thanks so much for sharing!organicmama in loved it
Sounds so good!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
thanks trigger for the help with the SLOPPY JOE
Will try recipe soon
love sweet potatoes and macadamia nuts!!!!!!!!!
have a blessed day
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it