Italian Sausage And Bean SoupFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups dry great northern beans shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed shopping list
- 12 ounces fresh italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 1 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini, sliced (2 cups) shopping list
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can Italian-style tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or water shopping list
- 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse beans. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine beans and 4 cups cold water. Boil, uncovered, for 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook Italian sausage until brown. Drain well on paper towels. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker combine the drained beans, 4 cups fresh water, beef broth, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, cooked and drained Italian sausage, squash or zucchini, undrained tomatoes, and red wine or water. Cook, covered, on low heat setting for 11 to 12 hours or until beans are tender.
- Just before serving, stir spinach into soup. If desired, sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating6 people
I love this type of soup. On cold days these type of soups hit the spot.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!