Almond Joy BarsFrom dragonflylady13 7 years ago
How to make it
- Line two large cookie sheets with waxed paper. Set large wire cooling rack
- on paper; set aside.
- Place coconut in large bowl; set aside.
- Place corn syrup in a 1−cup glass measure. Microwave on high (100%) 1 minute
- or until syrup boils. Immediately pour over coconut. Work warm syrup into
- coconut using the back of a wooden spoon until coconut is thoroughly coated.
- This takes a little time, and yes, there is enough syrup.
- Using 1 level measuring tablespoon of coconut, shape into a ball by
- squeezing coconut firmly in palm of one hand, then rolling between both
- palms. (HINT: Measure out all of the coconut then roll into balls.) Place 2
- inches apart on wire racks. Let dry 10 minutes. Reroll coconut balls so
- there are no loose ends of coconut sticking up.
- Place milk chocolate and shortening in a 4−cup glass measure or 1 1/2 quart
- microwave−safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture can
- be stirred smooth and is glossy; stirring once or twice.
- Working quickly, spoon 1 level measuring tablespoon of the chocolate
- over each coconut ball, making sure chocolate coats and letting excess
- chocolate drip down onto waxed paper. While chocolate coating is still soft,
- lightly press whole almond on top of each. Let stand to set or place
- in refrigerator. Store in a single layer in airtight container.
- Keeps best if refrigerated. Makes 26.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
The Rating4 people
This is about my most favorite candy bar! WOW yum!organicmama in loved it
OMG looks and sounds wonderful, thank you for the post, I'm sure this will be great.henrie in Savannah loved it
One of my hubby's favorite! Gotta make these!
yummmshirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!