Cow PiesFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips and butter, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in raisins and almonds.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- We do not like nuts so we do not use the almonds. Instead we use 1/2 cup toasted coconut or crushed up dried bananas.
- Instead of raisins you could use dried fruits of any kind, except maybe banana, you want them semi soft. Cherries, fig,...???
- Found this addition out on the web: 3 cups rolled oats, 1 cup sweetened coconut. I think the amounts would be to much, but cut it down to 1 cup total maybe and I think it might be good. Or for me just add some oats! I have the toasted coconut fresh from my oven already in there.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating2 people
I used to have a side business of candy - and this was one of my best sellers - great post!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
there are tourist places who sell these up here under various names, moose pie being quite common. Thanks for posting. Now my nieces and nephews can go home to their parents and say they ate cow poop for dessert. LOLtazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it