Orange Sesame Teriyaki TofuFrom mellybelly 9 years ago
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, pressed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp orange zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 4 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tsp minced ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut the tofu in half lengthwise and arrange in a baking dish.
- 2. Combine all ingredients except for the sesame seeds in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Pour the marinade over the tofu slices. Let marinade for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 3. Heat BBQ grill to high. Meanwhile strain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until syrupy 5-10 minutes. Set aside the glaze.
- 4. Grill Tofu until hot, browned and sizzling, 4-6 minutes a side. Rotate the tofu 45 degrees after 2-3 minutes for crosshatch grill marks. Baste the tofu couple of times per a side with the glaze as it cooks.
- 5. Slice the tofu steaks into thin strips and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
The Cookmellybelly CA
The Rating6 people
Wow! Love itorangeskipper in Redding loved it
Just what I have been looking for - some way to give tofu some flavor. I'm going to try this one - it looks delicious.lolaroba in La Selva Beach loved it
This was a great recipe and gave the tofu a nice flavor. I used honey in place of the sugar. Also, we pan fried it in peanut oil instead of the BBQ. The orange seemed to be the key ingredient.lolaroba in La Selva Beach loved it