Tandoori Chicken With Yogurt SauceFrom elle 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt, DIVIDED (I use Greek yogurt) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts halves (10 to 12 ounces each) **(I used 8 boneless, skinless thighs) shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 475° (I cooked the thighs at 425 for 30 minutes).
- In a bowl or large ziptop bag, mix 1 cup yogurt, the garlic, turmeric, ginger and 3 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add the chicken, making sure to coat it all evenly. Marinate for a couple hours or overnight.
- Transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until 160 degrees or the juices are no longer pink, about 30 minutes.
- Peel and coarsely grate the apple into a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt and cilantro, mix well, and serve with the chicken.
The Cookelle NH
- Not added to any groups yet!