Great Grandmas Hot Cocoa MixFrom tuilelaith 9 years ago
- 10 2/3 c. powdered milk (25.6 oz. box) shopping list
- 1 (16 oz.) can baking cocoa, I prefer the darker cocoa my daughter does not... shopping list
- 2 to 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 6 oz. creamer, if you want you may use flavored creamer, we like fat free vanilla shopping list
- 1 lg box chocolate instant pudding, we do not always use this due to the fact that if you let your cocoa cool to much the pudding starts to congeal in it and the kids hate that shopping list
- mini marshmallows, dried (optional), we use the multi colored ones! shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 1/2 of the milk and all of the other ingredients in a wide mouth gallon jar.
- Put the lid on the jar, and start rolling it.
- We play roll the jar with the kids until it is all mixed.
- Add more of the milk and keep rollin, rollin, rollin.
- When the jar is full and mixed it is ready.
- Fill what ever cup you will be using 1/3 of the way up.
- Add hot water, mix, and enjoy.
- Dried Marshmallows: Take a cookie sheet and line with cheese cloth/paper towels. Spread the bag of mini marshmallows out on cookie sheet, cover with cheese cloth/ paper towel. Leave for three or four days. Check them you will know when they are hard and crunchy. They are ready for the mix!!!
- You also can just place this in the oven, it is warmer in a gas oven due to the pilot, crack the oven door and they will dry faster. I use an electric oven so it will not work for me.
- If you prefer to use the sweetened chocolate drink mix stuff you need 32 ounces.
- If you decide to use the dried mini marshmallows you need to add them after all of the hot chocolate mix is well mixed. Separate the mix into 2 gallon jugs, divide the mini marshmallows between them and roll again. We dry out a whole bag of the colored mini marshmallows, the kids love it!
- Or you can do what one of my Daughters does now, she takes about 1/3 of the mix out and puts it into another jar, in case someone does not like marshmallows. She add the marshmallows to the gallon jar. Now you have it both ways.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating2 people
Good recipe, sweetie. You have my 5. thanks for sharing...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it