German Style Baked ChickenFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 8 oz egg noodles, cooked & drained shopping list
- 3 cup chicken, cooked, diced shopping list
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk in flour and stir 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in broth and milk. Reduce heat, simmering until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in lemon juice and seasonings.
- Combine cooked noodles and half the sauce, tossing gently to blend.
- Place in the bottom of a buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with chicken and remaining sauce.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and paprika, sprinkle over casserole. Bake until bubbling and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
The Rating8 people
Can't wait to try it and many thanks!lor in Toronto loved it
1 word. YUM!anniemay in Huntsville loved it
This sounds so good, I dont have all the ingredients but will definately be making it soon!yexalen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!