Split Pea SoupFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 ham bone or smoked ham hock shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup onions (diced) shopping list
- 3 tbsps garlic (diced) shopping list
- 1 cup carrot (diced) shopping list
- 1/4 cup celery (diced) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 12 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper (fresh ground) shopping list
- 1 packet Sazon Goya con azafran shopping list
- 2 Oxo chicken Boullion shopping list
- 1 lb green split peas shopping list
- 2 potatoes (peeled diced -optional) shopping list
- 3 cups ham (diced) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot add onions, garlic, carrots, celery with 1 tsp olive oil and saute for 5 mins - add ham and cover with water approximately 12 cups , add salt, pepper, bay leaves, oxo, sazon and split peas. Cook until meat falls off the ham bone - 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaves and ham bone. Puree with hand held blender or in your blender. Add diced ham.
- Cook uncovered over very low heat for 30 more minutes to reduce reseason to your taste - serve with fresh bread or croutons.