Baked Cheesy PenneFrom wilz 7 years ago
- 1 lb penne noodles (I use Barilla) shopping list
- 1 lb italian sausage (u can use spicy or mild) shopping list
- 2 26oz jars pasta sauce(i use Ragu mushroom and green pepper) of course you could use your own sauce shopping list
- 26 oz or small curd cottage cheese(or you can use Ricotta. I find that cottage cheese is not as runny as Ricotta and taste about the same) shopping list
- 8 oz shredded Mozzerella cheese shopping list
- 4 oz parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 chopped clove of garlic shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes shopping list
How to make it
- cook the Penne noodles according to package. best to leave aldente
- In a seperate pot brown the Italian sausage.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper and chopped garlic to the sausage near the end.
- Drain the sausage. (a paper towel works great!)
- Mixed the sauce with the sausage until warm.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce and sausage mixture.
- In a large rectangular casserole dish, spread a layer of the pasta mixture on the bottom.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 1 egg, parmesan cheese and parsley flakes together.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the pasta mixture.
- Now spread the remaining pasta mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the top with Mozzerella.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 15 minutes.
- Let set for approx. 5 mins.
- Serve with Garlic bread.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookwilz San Bernardino, CA
The Rating4 people
Very nice... barilla is the best, Thanks for the recipe. Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
great recipe, I cant wait to trynakedchef in Taichung loved it
I have this in the oven right now...can't wait to taste it! Thanks for sharing!shelleybeanz73 in Ashland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!