Pecan-crusted CatfishFrom pudgy47 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 tps. hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tps. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tps. chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tps. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 cups cornflakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces shopping list
- 1 pound catfish fillets, about 1 inch thick, cut into 4 portions shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Blend buttermilk, hot sauce, oregano, chili powder and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Pulse cornflakes in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Transfer to a large plate. Pulse pecans in the food processor until coarsely chopped; mix the pecans with the cornflake crumbs.
- Dip each catfish fillet in the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the cornflake mixture, coating both sides. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the catfish for 25 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.